[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Leichnitz

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 05:56:39 PST 2006

Leichnitz sounds like a town name to me. Perhaps this surname was derived from a town this family originated from?

"Earl.Schultz" <Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net> wrote:
Ok you name experts...I'd like your opinion on the name Leichnitz. It is my
maternal line and a very rare name. The earliest occurrance we've found has
been in Thorn, Poland in the 1860-1870s and Neidenburg, Olsztyn is the early
to mid 1600s (Lechnitz).

I have little other information on the name but I will share more once I
hear what others have to say.

Incidentally, I record every occurrance of the name that I've come across.

Earl