[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] LODZ

Mike McHenry maurmike1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 7 10:16:47 PST 2006

I came across a new piece of evidence on the origins of my grandmother
Auguste Manzei. In reviewing EI manifest for a Rudolf Mancei (polish
spelling) Oct. 1903 SS Rhein I noticed something I overlooked. He is headed
for Bristol, CT where my grandparents lived at the time. When I looked at
this manifest previous times I only looked at the box for whom you are going
to that seemed to be associated with him. This indicated an Uncle K???.
However in the bottom of the box above I now notice B-I-L (brother in law)
Wilhelm Muller. This was my grandfather's name. I now conclude this was my
grandmother's brother. He has a line through his name meaning he was
deported. Is anyone researching LODZ area and could give me some pointers?

                                        Mike