[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sources and merging

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Wed Nov 8 07:12:37 PST 2006

Frank,

Good observations.

You can also merge the duplicate source entries in each record, but
you will need to do so one master source at a time.   This duplicate
display of sources in the Source field of each record happens when a
merge takes place, and appears to be a glitch in Legacy that does not
merge automatically.   Basically what you need to do to merge the
duplicate sources is

1.  Tag all of the records that have the same master source

2.  Create a new master source that is somewhat different than the
original master source.

3.  Apply the new master source to all of the records previously
tagged (make sure that you have applied the new master source by
looking at the source field in your tagged records)

4.  Now, and only now, delete the master source that is showing up
multiple times in each of the tagged records.

5.  Now go back and change the newly created master source so that it
is identical to the original master source that you created.

Gary Warner
SGGEE

Gary