[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] LODZ

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 8 19:03:19 PST 2006

Mike:
    As a result of your original inquiry I immediately checked the Lodz Trinity parish records for the Manzei name and found none.  Your quest for Rudolf Manzei is about 50 year later than the latest records I have in my possession.
    I have a strong suspicion that Manzei  = Manthei, as Reiner Kerp has suggested, and there are many entries of that name to be found in the Lodz Trinity parish, but of course of an earlier period.
    The fully translated (to English) records  I have start with 1828 and end in 1853.  The series of LDS film numbers that apply are as follows;
1828 - 1847  are 809109 to 809114;
1848 - 1853 are 809415 to 809417.
    Lodz Trinity parish encompassed not only Lodz, but an outlying area S and SSE of Lodz probably extending  about 2 or 3 Kms from the city with several villages within this area.
    So in summary, if you can get back about 50 years to the 1850s, and if it is possible to reconcile Manzei with Manthei, there may some information in the Lodz records to aid your search.

John Marsch

  Mike,

  I cannot answer your question about which film, as John is working
  from paper transcripts of the records that were not filmed.   If he
  is around, he may be able to help you more with the film numbers, if he knows.

  Gary