[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lodz records

Betty Johnson bettyzable at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 05:22:19 PST 2006

I see that John Marsch has Lodz records available. I know that Ggrandmother's brother, Gottfried Wudel, born 1860 (I don't know where), was married in Brzeziny near Lodz in 1882. John, do you have any other Wudels in your records-- especially Anna Christine Wudel? The U.S. census says that she was born in "Germany" and her husband, Ferdinand Zabel, was born in "Russia". I have found a lot of Wudels and Zabels in the Volhynian records on the internet. One record says that Ferdinand was a sponsor for a baptism in Rozyszcze, but so far I have been unable to find the birth places of either Anna or Ferdinand. Another record says that they had daughters born in Wysocka and Lezachow. Can you, or anyone else, help me locate this information?
  Betty Wallin