[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wilhuft, Russia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 11 06:57:49 PST 2006

It would appear that the genealogy.com information is an
extraction.  You should go to the original source to figure out what
the real place names are.  If the best they could do for Luck (=
Lutzk) is Suzke, then I am sure that "Wilhuft" is spelled just as
badly or worse.

A need to offer a word of caution regarding the Jadwinin place name.

In the Wladimir Wolhynsk Parish (and about 16 km east of that town)
is the village of Jadwigow.  I strongly SUSPECT that this is your
Jadwinin.  However, I have no map that shows it with that spelling
nor do I have one that shows a Jadwinin anywhere in that region with
that spelling.  Even the Kurt Luck map (referenced in another
posting) shows this village as Jadwigow.

There is a Jadwinin / Jadwonin south of Ostrog but this would not be
anywhere near a Wlodzimierz (Vladimir) place or parish.

There is also another town (not a parish) some distance north of
Rowno specifically called Wlodzimierz.  I browsed my maps of that
region and could not find a Jadwinin there.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca