[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] which name is which?

ohgrmtns at aol.com ohgrmtns at aol.com
Fri Nov 17 17:22:20 PST 2006

 I am hoping that someone can help with the dilemma.
I have traced my g-gparents,Heinrich and Karoline Feifert, back to Leonardow, Lublin, Polen with the birth of their son, Emil in Januar 1871.  The last name is entered as Pfeifer/Feifer/Pfeiffer/Feiffer/Pfeifert/Feifert from sggee018.  So I have sat idol with no other clues to continue. Then I found what I think is the birth record for Heinrich from sggee001r6.  However the only information I have is that Heinrich was 22 at this time of his son's birth in Januar 1871.
How do you suggest I proceed/  How can I confirm that this entry is indeed the Heinrich Feifert for whom I am looking? Additionally how might I be able to determine if the last name has variations that exist due to family changes as opposed to data entry changes?

Kristen FEIFERT Clark