[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] writing family history

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Sun Nov 19 09:22:37 PST 2006

Litzmanstadt = Lodz  which was the assembly point for persons being relocated.  Lotsch is not a correct spelling.

John Marsch

  We are in the process of writing family history and want to get some facts
  right:

  With repect to names of town/city:  my understanding is that

  Lotsch = Litzmanstadt   or is it Lodz ?  (Spellings please)

  Litzmanstadt is referred to as a place where people were gathered in a camp to
  be registered for resettlement.  Is this correct?

  Thankyou,
  Rita Lyster, Barrhead