[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] writing family history

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 19 12:51:44 PST 2006

Irene's email came through to me with the special characters intact. Odd.

Also, note that the Germans referred to the city as Lodsch originally, then
changed it to Litzmannstadt. You will see the spelling Lodsch on maps and
documents published early in the war. Some of them were reprinted in a
couple of the history books I bought in Lodz when I was there last year.

Dave Obee