[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Passports or Identity Papers

GVLESS at aol.com GVLESS at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 16:35:40 PST 2006

Oops, made a mistake.  The arrival date for Freidrich Less on his
naturalization paper for coming to the U.S.A should be the year 1903, not  1902.  It was
1902 that his brother Erdmann arrived in Halifax.  The  name of Freidrich
could be listed on some Ancestry file as Fred but I tried that  as well and so
far no luck.  The name of Less has been noted on the  Ancestry immigration files
from Ellis Island about 80+ times so is not an  unusual surname.  I also have
tried some variations as well.  So -  maybe the "Port of NY" as mentioned on
the naturalization papers does not mean  Ellis Island.  Was there another port
in New York??
Well, whatever advise you all have will be fine.  I've tried several  times
with the Ellis Island website as well as recently the Ancestry site.   Did try
to take advantage of their "free" time with them.  Maybe I just  didn't do it
right. Or something.......

Oh well, thanks all of you with your ideas/attempts.  Maybe some day
something will show up.

Virginia Less

P.S.  Then the question I have would it be possible Fred/Freidrich  arrived
here without an "identity paper" only had with him his Confirmation  paper, or
would that have been impossible??   Why or why we didn't  question him when he
was still with us!!!