[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BUCHHORN from NEU-SOPHIERKA

Wolfgang Buchhorn wolfgang.buchhorn at arcor.de
Wed Nov 22 03:04:32 PST 2006

Hello and a nice day for all members.

My name is Wolfgang (Buchhorn) and I live in Germany. I am a member of this
list since a few days.
Beside my family genealogy do I try to follow the track of all Buchhorn
emigrants to wherever they went.

The opening of the passenger lists on ancestry.com brought new informations
but also questions.
 I found a Johann Buchhorn who emigrated to Madison in South-Dakota. He was
born approx. 1882 and arrived Baltimore on 1 Jul 1912.
He came from Neu Sophierka and his wife Concordia Buchhorn lived in
Kaparmanek or Kaposmanek or . . . . . . . .
The city name Neu-Sophierka is sure but not Kaparmanek. The handwritten is
very bad. I think both towns are in Volhynia (I am not sure).
I took a look into several maps but I couldn't find these places.
Has somebody heard about them or know where they are?

Thank you very much for your help.

Wolfgang Buchhorn, Braunschweig (Brunswiek), Germany