[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BUCHHORN from NEU-SOPHIERKA

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 22 17:18:55 PST 2006

Hi Wolfgang.  Welcome to the list.

You have already received a correct answer regarding Neu Sophiewka.

As for Kaparmanek, it is very important to start with the correct
letter so that you can find it in a list.  If you look closely at the
original entry and compare the letter to place names near the top of
the page that start with K, you will see that there is a significant
difference.  Now compare it to the N in Neu Sophiewka.  It is identical.

The place as written looks something like Naposmanec.  I believe it
should be Nepoznanitschi, also known as Neu Posen.  Neu Sophiewka is
about 4 km SE of Emilcin and Nepoznanitschi is about 10 km SSE of Neu
Sophiewka.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca