[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Duplication

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 23 05:23:40 PST 2006

It is called a thread, Clifford.

As you can see below, I have included your original message so that
you (and others) can see what I am responding to.  The decision about
what does or does not get included is up to the person who is
responding.  There is no way to control that with our system.

Most people, especially on a mailing list, would want to be reminded
about the original question so that they can follow the
discussion.  An answer that appears in isolation of the question
might be somewhat meaningless, especially if other discussion has
occurred between the original question and the one currently
posted.  In the old days of communicating by letter, one would
probably restate the question before providing the answer.  In the
email age, especially when others are party to the communication, it
is easier just to leave the entire original question (and discussion)
as part of the thread.

If there are multiple questions and I am only responding to one of
them, I might delete those other ones.  I also usually take the time
to delete meaningless info such as advertising that unfortunately
gets appended to all Yahoo subscriber messages, or to delete the
SGGEE mailing list description that gets appended to all of ours, but
we have no rule in place for everyone to make such deletions.

If you don't want to read stuff that is repeated, just stop reading
at the point where a line similar to the following is inserted: