[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ortfried Kotzian

Richard Benert benovich at imt.net
Tue Nov 28 09:46:24 PST 2006

Glacier

Hello all,

I've just accidentally discovered a recent book that appears to be about the
Resettlement of 1939/40, about which many people have questions.  It's by
Ortfried Kotzian, and the title is "Die Umsiedler:  die Deutschen aus
West-Wolhynien, Galizien, der Bukowina, Bessarabien, der Dobruscha, und in
der Karpatenukraine," (Munich, 2005).  Has anyone heard of it?  Is anyone
familiar with it?

And, for those who might be interested, the book I asked about yesterday
(Bernhard Schwarz, Wolhyniendeutschen Schicksal) also contains an account of
the resettlement of at least one family in 1940 to the Warthegau, I think.
I can only "think" this because it is in an earlier section of the book
which I did  not xerox for myself.  Perhaps our German members have easier
access to the book than we here in North America.  I found it at Yale, about
2000 miles from Bozeman, MT.

Dick Benert