[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pastor Junger

Richard Benert benovich at imt.net
Wed Nov 29 11:29:05 PST 2006

Gerhard,

Congratulations on your little Wikipedia!

Ursula Blank, at the Haus des deutschen Ostens, tells me that they can find
no evidence that the book was ever published.  His intention to write it was
mentioned in 1919 by Ernst Althausen in his Die Deutschen in Wolhynien, in
the context of pointing out that Junger had done a lot of humanitarian work
with German refugees streaming through Kiev in 1915.  If he ever wrote the
book, it would likely be a treasure of information on this subject.  I
wonder if Amberger's entry on Junger might mention his publications.  Does
anyone have Amberger's book at his or her elbow?  I wonder if an unpublished
manuscript might still be in the hands of his descendants, and who might
they be?  If anyone in Germany can help me with this, I'd be immensely
grateful.

Dick