[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lying about age on shp's passenger list

Otto otto at schienke.com
Thu Nov 30 19:00:29 PST 2006

Carolyn,
Take the next step-
I've found individuals were caught in census reports where the
information is usually accurate.  These individuals also usually
became citizens.  There are naturalization papers that are accurate
to a large extent. Naturalization papers contain much information.

On Nov 30, 2006, at 9:04 PM, Carolyn Schott wrote:

> You know - this is actually one of the things that bothers me about my
> specific entry!  My g-grandmother would have been 16 at the time,
> but it
> appears that her age is listed as being 9.  It seems difficult to
> believe
> that a 16-year-old could have passed as a 9 year old!
>
> But I've searched a bit through the village church records, and it
> doesn't
> appear there were any other siblings (of her in-laws) with her name
> about
> age 9 that it might have been instead of my g-grandma.  But since
> ALL the
> ages are off - it's hard to be certain.
>
> And this ship's list has no other info to match up as another person
> suggested.
>
> Sigh...
>
> Carolyn

. . .   Otto

             " The Zen moment..." wk. of November 19, 2006-