[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lowicz Poland history question

beilsteins at aol.com beilsteins at aol.com
Thu Nov 30 19:29:46 PST 2006

Does anyone have any information on a Russian military detachment and military hospital that may have been stationed in Lowicz Poland in the mid 1800s?  I have noticed a large number of Russian soldiers from areas such as Lithuania and Courland among death records in 1846-7.  I am not aware of any military campaigns during that period that may explain these deaths.  Or could it perhaps been caused by some sort of epidemic?  My historical information on Lowicz does not refer to these issues.

Thank you,
Steve Beilstein