[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pedigree database

Michael Stockhausen michael.stockhausen.ff at web.de
Mon Oct 2 14:00:54 PDT 2006

Can someone please explain to me if and how I can tell if a record in the pedigree database was submitted by someone who is personally interested in this event or if the entire church book was transcribed?

Or to be more precise, on the database I found:

ID I111949 Gustav Gernat, born in Zgiersch (Kreis Loisch) 2. June 1867 or 2 Nov 1867, son of Peter Gernat and Anna Propp.
Peter Gernat (ID 112377) died in Adamow Kr Chelm, Lublin, Poland

It seems that Peter Gernat could be my ancestor Peter Gernhardt/Gernat. He was born in Pustkowa Gora near Aleksandrow and Ozorkow in 1821. In 1863 he married his second wife Charlotte Dorothea Scheibe nee Bannasch. At that time he lived in Gliniki near Zgierz/Lodz. I haven´t been able to find his death record, but I only searched until 1876 (in Zgierz ev).

I am not aware of a third marriage to Anna Propp, and I haven´t been able to find the birth record of a Gustav Gernat in Zgierz ev in 1867.

Does anyone have a copy of the marriage record of Gustav Gernat and Anna Mantei 2. April 1892 in Lublin?
I assume that this could be the source for the above mentioned information.

Thanks
Michael Stockhausen