[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] sasksettlement.com

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 2 21:28:44 PDT 2006

    At a recent meeting with the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society Board, I was presented with 2 CDs entitled  "Saskatchewan Homestead Index"  and "Home".  I will gladly do lookups for anyone wishing to know homestead land locations, when granted and the applicable file number.
    All requests should be made to me personally and should include the full name of the homesteader and/or land location if known if the file number is requested.  The "Home" CD is essentially a map on which the locations of former homesteads are shown relative to present town sites etc.
    Victor, these CDs certainly would have simplified the search for your Grandfather's homestead a few years ago.

John Marsch

  Thank you Lloyd,

  That is a wonderful site and for someone like me that is related to 20% of
  Saskatchewan it is a wealth of information.  Certainly points  out the import
  ance of sharing.

  Victor Gess
  Gess/Jesse/Jess/Jeske/Riske/Rode/Rohde/Rhode/Schmuland/Wonnek
  Researching  in Poland & Volhynia
  Volhynia    Shinufka-Karlswalde-Satyjew-Moschulki-Iwanowka

  This web site may be of interest to people who are looking for old pictures
  and history of Saskatchewan.

  I discovered a picture of one of our  neighbours first log/sod pioneer  house.

  www.sasksettlement.com

  lloyd  friedrick