[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dates

Donne, Alexsana ADonne at sara.com
Tue Oct 3 17:44:31 PDT 2006

As someone new to genealogy, I have found the different dates to be
confusing when one can't tell if the day or month is first.  I look for
a combination that can't exist (like there is no month 17) and let that
guide me.  A standard with yy/mm/dd would be a lot easier.

I'm also prejudiced to that format. As a research scientist almost all
data files I've dealt with are saved in the yy/mm/dd format so that
there is no confusion as to when they were taken.

Lexi