[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zyck Gostynin Catholic Parish

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 3 21:24:50 PDT 2006

At 10:24 AM 01/10/2006, Joyce E. wrote:
>   I have a marriage document from the Zyck Gostynin Catholic Parish for my
>ggggrandparents  Martin Nass, parents Christian Nass & Elizabeth Derks  and
>Eva Schemming, parents Jacob Schemming & Eva Ratz.  At the beginning of the
>document, for the village, it has Biale blota.  Using Jery Frank's map I
>cannot find a Biale blota near the Zyck Parish.  Also Martin & Eva Nass's
>children, starting in 1811 were born in Wiaczemin Polski.   These children's
>marriages show up in the Gabin records.  Where is a Biale blota?      In
>fact Biale blota shows up quite a bit in the Zyck Catholic Parish Records.
>   Thank you      Joyce E.

Been away for a few days and catching up on email.

I agree with Rose.  I have checked a variety of detail maps of the
region in a variety of time frames including 1803 and have not found
your village.  It may have been on one of the islands in the Wisla
River, some of which are now flooded over, or it may be the original
name for a village that now exists with another name.  For example,
only Zyck (now Zyck Polskie) appears on the 1803 map.  Later maps add
Zych Niemieckie (German Zyck) which later became Zyck Nowe (New
Zyck).  Perhaps Biale Blota was a precursor to Zyck Niemieckie but
that is only a guess.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca