[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dates

Bronwyn Klimach bronklimach at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 05:34:13 PDT 2006

I like any system that allows me to *find* things and tend to agree with
Dan's YYYYMMDD ideas as I have rather a few dates with the year
earlier 1907...  (To my son's amusement I recently entered his date of birth
as 1887 on a document, so you can tell where much of my time is
spent!)     I guess for now we can leave someone else to puzzle over the
year 10,000 problem?

I also enjoy seeing a month written as a word where practicable rather than
having to search a document to find other dates which might give a hint of
the author's origins.

Meanwhile Otto, I'm afraid my few functioning brain cells (see above)
struggle on a bad day so this little gem ending your earlier posting on the
date topic is sending me round in circles:  "Wisdom... has a corrosive
effect on complications."
Think it might be the ultimate solution if I could only get to grips with it
:-)

Bron.