[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Names, names, names. . .

Otto otto at schienke.com
Fri Oct 6 11:12:18 PDT 2006

Dialogue is a creative cauldron.
It is a discovery process. We are shaping an art.
The surest platform is "Maybe."

It would be of value to add the following when it comes to
analyzation of patterns. Nothing happens in a vacuum, regardless of
family or cluster/clan.   When I stated 'indicators', I should have
stated 'indicators of context'.

-Context:
the set of circumstances or facts that surround a particular event,
situation, is the context in which an event is viewed.

Each area/cluster location will have a specific set of circumstances,
for instance; political, religious, urban or rural environs.  These
are influenced by larger world events.

Ones of interest mentioned that possess unique characteristics are
areas of the Rhine/Danube still under the Roman Catholic Holy Roman
Empire, Protestant Prussian areas with freedom of belief since the
mid-1700's, Roman Catholic Polish areas, (be mindful Poland was
tolerant to a large extant)  Greek Orthodox Russian/Ukrainian areas
and so on.

An example of context- Wuerttembergers were not colonists. They had a
different set of circumstances. They lived under the shadow of the
Roman Church. The Palinates were fiefdoms under German princes of the
Holy Roman Empire.  After Wuerttemberger clusters of people emigrated
to the Eastern Territories, and joined the colonists/kolonisten,
their trends changed.  "Maybe."

We will find clusters 'leaning' toward the larger world wherever they
are settled at the time being.  My father's given name, 'Alexander',
and my mother's given name, "Olga', are indicators of context. The
given names had little to do with some Saxon Duke appointed by Napoleon.

You will discover trends are peculiar to their set of circumstances.

. . .   Otto

                      " The Zen moment..." wk. of September 24, 2006-