[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Krzepszew, Kutno Parish

Joe Pessarra joepessarra at cox.net
Sun Oct 8 20:26:35 PDT 2006

There is a special little way to back into this location in Poland.  It is a useful method to locate towns, and their relationship to other towns, especially if you do not have a detailed atlas to use.

Go to ShtetlSeeker Town Locator at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp

Put Kutno in the "Town" slot.

Pick Poland from the "Country" pull-down slot.

Leave "Measure distance in miles."

Leave "Show the distance and direction from the capital city of the relevant country."

Leave the "Search method" as shown.

Click on "Start the Search."

When you get the answer back, you will get some towns to choose from.  Kutno will be obvious.

Write down the latitude and longitude of Kutno.  They happen to be 52 14 and 19 32.

Put Krzepszew in the "Town" slot.

Pick Poland from the "Country" pull-down list.  Should still be there.

Go down the screen a bit, and pick "Show the distance and direction from Latitude and Longitude."  Put the Latitude and Longitude in for Kutno.

Click on "Start the search."

You will get nine hits, showing how far they each are from Kutno.

I am not sure which is right, or if any of them are right, but the town names and distance from Kutno are:

Grochowy Czwarte - 51 miles
Gross Boschpol, Bozepole Wielkie - 171.1 miles
Gross Buchwalde, Bukwald - 121.0 miles
Kraszewice Piaski - 68.8 miles
Kraszewo Czubaki - 49.5 miles
Kruszwica Wies - 53.4 miles
Krzepczów - 53.2 miles
Krzepczów Nowy - 53.3 miles
Krzepczów Stary - 53.2 miles

Which one is fairly close to Kutno and best matches Krzepszew ?

Making a further check we find Krzeszew, as suggested, is 19.7 miles from Kutno and 1.8 miles from Ozorkow.  So odds are Jan is probably right.

Message: 10