[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Tidbits of Info

Schemioneck, Nell Nell.Schemioneck at AirservicesAustralia.com
Mon Oct 9 17:14:15 PDT 2006

This was certainly the case with my Baunach/Ries ancestors from
Limbachshof near Werbach.  The first child born in Australia was named
the same as the one who died on the voyage out.

Nell Schemioneck

-----Original Message-----
From: ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org
[mailto:ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org] On Behalf Of
Jerry Frank
Sent: Friday, 6 October 2006 7:36 AM
To: Robert Norenberg
Cc: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Tidbits of Info

Robert -

I don't recall if I was told about it first or if I first encountered it
in my research.  I don't remember seeing the practice very much in the
Volhynia extractions I did but it was very common in the early Russian
Poland records I have researched and in the Wuerttemberg records I have
encountered going all the way back to c.1560.

It may be that the practice is most popular in certain regions.  I have
found numerous examples in my Schwabisch maternal line but none in my
paternal line of unknown origins.  I don't know if it was common
practice in Prussian regions.  Perhaps someone else can advise further
about that.

Jerry