[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Name translations

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 07:28:04 PDT 2006

Dan,
  As others explained, Yakovleva (feminine version of Yakovlev) is almost certainly Russian-derived. This name is very common in Russia. One of my Russian friends is a Yakovlev and one of the Russian war plane makers was also the Yakovlev. Without knowing more about your family, I would venture to guess your ancestry down this line would likely include true Russian genealogy.

  The German spelling of her given name would have been Emilie (pronounced the same as you would say Emilia).
  Karl

Dan <dbuss at pathcom.com> wrote:
  My grandmothers name on a Russian document is given as Emilia Yakovleva Mayert. Can anyone tell me the German or English version of Yakovleva?.
And is Adolph the Russianized version of Adolf, or are they fully interchangeable?
Thanks
Dan Buss