[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Name translations

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 10 11:37:30 PDT 2006

I would agree with what Paul wrote
"I believe that Yakovleva is the Russian form of the patronymic name that
Russians use.  It means "daughter of Yakov".  Or in other words, her
father's given name was Jakob (in German)."

In the September 2004 SGGEE Journal an article by Gerhard Koenig/Don Miller
about 1892 Baptist Birth Certificate of Tutschin gives many examples of the
patronymic name.

The KGB files being translated by SGGEE also give the patronymic name of
most individuals.

Rose Ingram.