[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Name translations +

Reiner Kerp mail at reiner-kerp.de
Sun Oct 15 10:38:40 PDT 2006

Dear fellow searchers,

Otto wrote:

> Jan Textor is correct.
> Annegret Krause is correct.

so I am not correct (?).
This doesn´t bother me. I want success. Being uncorrect leads to it.
Nobody will earn more money but when cheating others. ;o)))))

My first mail was encoded wrong (charset="iso-8859-2"). Sorry for that.
This mail is now encoded correctly (charset="iso-8859-1"). The line Schłar
should read:

When a German says Schur it will sound exactly the same as when a Pole says
Schłar (Schl~ar the polish diacritical ł character).
When using charset="us-ascii", characters will not be displayed correctly.

Something to smile:

Depending on his present mood, at the civil-records office the new father
reported his wifes name either "Rosa" (when he was angry) or "Rosi" (when he
felt deep love to her). The officer (the man who transcripted the civil
records from the church-book, could not look into the heart of him. Thus he
one time wrote down Rosalia (Polish Rozalii) the other time he wrote
Rosinii. Reading these records one could make think the man was a
polygamist.

Best whishes,

Reiner