[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] G-R farm machinery

Lloyd Friedrick lloydfriedrick at telus.net
Mon Oct 16 15:48:38 PDT 2006

Here is a picture of a farm implement from our Sask. G-R farm.

I think I posted this query once before and someone suggested that the proper name was a HEXAL machine. It was used to cut straw or 'greenfeed" into very short lengths. The handle is missing, but it required a young farm boy to turn it.

But, some of my older GR farm cousins remind me that I am in error, they say the correct name
is a DREXAL cutter.

Does anyone remember this and could someone help to confirm the actual name.

I have other picture views if anyone would like to study it further.

lloyd friedrick on Vancouver Island