[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Reading Ellis Island Manifest

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Wed Oct 18 15:13:37 PDT 2006

Rob:
The Genealogical Gods are looking upon you favorably in that of the few
local village "lay minister/teacher" record books that have been
microfilmed, Rudinka is one of these and can be found under film # 2380035;
Book 78 covers Rudinka's Births 1868 -1893; and as well there are 15 couples
whose wedding banns have been recorded between 1877 -1892. The records are
written in German and have been given the heading of Tuczyn(Tutschin) but
that is the Parish rather than the Village; Jozefuwka is also recorded under
this heading; perhaps the church-school was originally in Jozefuwka and then
shortly was relocated to Rudinka. It was located directly east of Kostopol.
Howard Krushel