[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kartei Quassowski

Mike McHenry maurmike1 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 22 09:48:28 PDT 2006

Would Lipno be covered?

                                        Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org
[mailto:ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Rakow
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:33 AM
To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kartei Quassowski

 Dear Worth,

     Yes, I've tried the Kartei Quassowski a few times, (though I've never
 actually found anything useful to me in it).

     The Kartei Quassowski isn't just one book - there are about 20 or 30
 volumes in the set.  Mostly it contains isolated snippets of information
 about people from the province Ostpreussen, (East Prussia), but there
 are a few people from outside the area mentioned. My guess is that
 you won't find much from the Plock area.

     Could you tell us more about this research outline for Poland?
 Is it useful, how can you get hold of a copy, etc.?

          Paul Rakow
          rakow at ifh.de