[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Using 'Kartei Quassowski'

Otto otto at schienke.com
Sun Oct 22 12:04:45 PDT 2006

to Worth Anderson and Paul Rakow.

Comment has been offered on the following resource named "Die Kartei
Quassowski".
If I wanted to extract information on, for example, my surname
"Schienke",( I'll check the variations of the spelling of it) from
the database,
could you describe a step by step (a, b, c, d, and so on) walk-
through of the procedure?    It is difficult to make sense of it as is.
It would be helpful to me.
It appears to be a useful resource.

>  A resource it identifies
> is: Borchert, Reinhard, "Die Kartei Quassowski,"
> (Hamburg: Verein fur Familienforschung in Ost- und
> Westpreussen e.v., 1992), FHL book 943.8 D22k.
>
> An index to this multi-volume work is available online
> at <http://www.kartei-quassowski.de.vu/>  A quick scan
> showed a number of names that are found in the area
> around Plock: Bleich, Dobslaff, Fenske, Klammer,
> Kletke, Krause, Lange, Matz, Mielke, Prochnow, Rahn,
> Rinas, Zielke.  There are probably others.

. . .   Otto

             " The Zen moment..." wk. of October 15, 2006-