[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Canadian passenger lists

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 22 22:38:48 PDT 2006

Last week, Library and Archives Canada put images of passenger lists from
1865 through 1922 on its web site, at
http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/passenger/index-e.html . This is
a great development for anyone searching for Canadian arrivals. They are not
indexed by passenger name, unfortunately.

I have posted a column about the collection on my web site. It is at
http://www.daveobee.com/columns/06passenger.htm . That page includes a
couple of links for partial indexes of the lists.

And I have it on good authority that a major indexing project, spanning all
the years, will be starting almost immediately. So finally, there is hope
for those searching for arrivals in those years.

Dave Obee