[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] 'Kartei Quassowski'

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 24 20:21:31 PDT 2006

I've had some requests for lookups in the Kartei. I would love to help, but
I just don't have the time to type in a bunch of names on spec. For example,
there are 153 Heinrich entries in the H volume, plus others in other
volumes, and the typing isn't easy with all of the abbreviations they used.

I don't think the books will be a great help to anyone who doesn't already
know where in East Prussia or West Prussia their families were from, or who
need to confirm locations within those two provinces. If all you know is
Prussia, bear in mind that there were many other provinces beyond those two.
You will find some references to other provinces, but I believe these are in
relation to people living in East Prussia and West Prussia.

Since there is interest in the topic, though, I have scanned in a Quassowski
page so everyone can see what it looks like. If you are researching the
Heinrich or Heinrichs family in East Prussia or West Prussia -- not Poland,
as has been stated a couple of times already -- this might be your lucky
day.

To see the scan, go to www.volhynia.com .

There are about 25 books in the set, and they take up about 18 inches of
shelf space. There is a lot of information IF your people are from the right
area. As I recall, Howard has had the complete set at a couple of SGGEE
conferences, and of course Salt Lake has a set as well.

Dave Obee