[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Cilke Variations

Joe Pessarra joepessarra at cox.net
Sat Sep 9 14:04:41 PDT 2006

Shtetl Seeker at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp
shows two Koniecpol locations in Poland.

Believe that the second one is the one you want.  It is 127.2 miles SSE of Warszawa (Warsaw).  It is not right on the Wisla (Vistula), but not far from it, about 10-15 km or 6-9 miles away.  It is about 30 km or 18 miles northeast of Mielec.

You can see its location on a map by clicking on the U for Ultimap in Shtetl Seeker, after you have found the two towns in Poland.  I believe this map site gives the best results.  The M for Mapquest also gives a pretty good map.

The town is very small, and does not show on my Poland atlas.

Poland phone directory does not show any Zielke listings currently in Gostynin.  Also no Sniezek in the few towns that I checked around Koniecpol.  Believe that was your grandmother's name, correct?

Joe Pessarra in Texas

Message: 1