[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Draeger/Dreger in Krzepszew, Kutno Parish

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Fri Sep 15 10:56:41 PDT 2006

 Delores Stevens <deloresstevens at sasktel.net> wrote:

> If anyone has a clue as to what the R numbers stand for would be helpful.

  Delores,

      The R numbers refer to the numbers in the registrar's records. Whoever
 wrote you the letter has looked at the original metrical books.
 1853 R18 means that you'll find the Dreger/Krebs marriage as the 18th
 marriage in 1853 in Przedecz Parish, R73 - 1834 means that Ludwig's birth
 is number 73 in 1834, and so on.

      You can check the information by ordering microfilms of the Przedecz
 and Kutno parishes from the LDS - there might be more than what your
 letter-writer told you.

             Paul Rakow
              rakow at ifh.de