[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Draeger/Dreger in Krzepszew, Kutno Parish

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 15 21:56:33 PDT 2006

Jerry,

Something new  re Krzyszew.

Bear with me.  In my personal database I have Samuel Krebs and Anna Justine
Engel marrying 1847 in Przedecz (same on main Pedigree Database).  So far I
have only one child for them, Pauline born 1854 in Skrzyzew as written on
the birth record recorded in Kutno parish books but baptism done in Gostynin
church.  One witness from 'Hollendry Dobrowski' and godmother Eva Zawadski
Weber from Skrzyzew. (Eva may be wife of Gottlieb Weber shown on Wilhelm
Dreger's 1858 birth record),

My guess is that Skrzyzew could either Skrzyneczki or Skrzynki (both on my
map) about 12 Km NW of Gostynin.

It is possible Samuel Krebs and Wilhelmina Krebs Dreger could be siblings
and that in 1858 Samuel was living in the Karolewo which is close to Nowa
Wies and Duninow on the Vistula River - and traveled to his nephew's 1858
baptism.  I again looked at Wilhelm's baptism record which is recorded in
Kutno parish books, but the town the baptism took place looks like
"L~owichn"?
Lowicz comes to mind.  :-)   Isn't this fun!

Maybe this family had some good horses and buggy and liked travelling
around.

I guess we will only get to the bottom this by looking at the all birth
records in all the surroundings parishes some of which are in the Parish
Records Index.

Rose Ingram

From: "Jerry Frank" Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Draeger/Dreger in Krzepszew, Kutno Parish