[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Church records in the Kalisch area

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Mon Sep 18 12:19:11 PDT 2006

Michael,

This email will only answer your questions in
part, and then issue an invitation to you.

We already have all of the places you indicate
below in our Pedigree database, and most of the
surnames you seek are associated with those place names.

The problem about where to look for data is that
almost all locations change parish location with
time, simply because as parishes grew they split into daughter parishes.

Rather than make blind searches in the parish
records, why don't you take advantage of our
Pedigree database by submitting your data to
SGGEE?   If you do so, we will merge your data
with the main database and do the initial
searching for you?    I am not promising that we
will be able to match your data to the other
data, but we have had members submit as few as a
half-dozen names, and we have returned them many
thousands of records of people who are related to
them.   That cycle of submit and receive is the
main purpose of the Pedigree database, and if you
do not take advantage of it, then you are only
getting a small benefit of being an SGGEE
member.   There will be plenty of opportunity to
search the parish records on your own if we cannot help you.

Gary Warner
SGGEE