[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] More Dreger's in Topcza, Volhynia

Dr. Frank Stewner dr.stewner at t-online.de
Mon Sep 25 08:42:39 PDT 2006

There were 3 DREGER families in Topcza (Tuczin-Parish) in Volhynia.
They arrived there around 1880, the year the colony was founded.
1. Gottlieb Samuel Dreger born 1835 in Dabie Parish, Poland. Before coming to Topcza he was farmer in Korist 20 km south of Topcza. Important son: Samuel Dreger.
2. Ludwig Dreger from the Leczyca (Lentschütz) area Poland. He married Juliane Schindel born 1 Jun 1865 in Klokoczyn, Przedecz Parish, Poland.
These two Dregers were cousins.
3. Michael Dreger born 4.2.1873, son of another Ludwig Dreger was coming from the Kalisz area at the age of 8. Michael married Albertine Martin

All three families playing important roles in the German village Topcza or Toptscha where my grandfather was teacher and chantor between 1918 and 1930.

I wonder if there are any links to the many Dreger in recent emails?!

My information is coming from Waldemar Giesbrecht, born 1919 in Topcza and now living in Aachen, Germany.

Greetings
Frank Stewner