[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Koenig born in Josepkoff, Volhynia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 2 20:54:50 PDT 2007

At 07:45 PM 02/04/2007, bill&mary lu king wrote:
>I'm trying to locate the village of Josepkoff.  My aunt says she
>recalls that her brother (my uncle) was born in Josepkoff (?),
>Volhynia in 1900 to Emil and Amalia (Baier)Koenig. Does anyone know
>if the village existed and where it was located?
>
>Bill King

If written, the k is probably supposed to be an h making it Josephoff
= Josephow.  The k does not make sense as shown.  An exact match for
a village known to have had German residents is at 8 km SE of the
city of Nowograd Wolhynsk.

There are also two Josephowka in Volhynia.  Note that the locations
Joe offered are in Poland, not Volhynia.

If you can fill us in with more family and background info, there are
others that may be able to help further.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca