[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Koenig born in Josepkoff, Volhynia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 3 20:40:59 PDT 2007

Bill,

I think you only responded to me unless you did a blind copy to
Joe.  In any event, given this new info, the more likely location of
birth is Josefowka, located about 30 km NE of
Tutschin.  Karolinendorf (aka Karlinowka) was, according to one
historical source, located on the east side of the Slucz River,
roughly 10 km E of this Josefowka which is on the west
side.  However, I have never found Karolinendorf with a confirmed
location on any topographical map.

I am copying this response back on the mailing list because your
mention of the Lublin district may inspire some response from others
who are actively researching in that region right now.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca