[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Locations in Volhynia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 5 05:18:00 PDT 2007

At 05:32 AM 05/04/2007, Dr. Frank Stewner wrote:
>In the first St. Petersburg birth file of 183x there are only seven locations:
>Annette, Berwald, Josephine, Roszez, Solomka, Topotna and Zhitomir.
>I can guess Roszez as Rozyszcze and Topotna as Topolna but were is Berwald?
>Can it be identical with Theophil on Frank map E-3?
>Frank Stewner

In creating the last revision to my map, I used a sorting procedure
to find every single place name in the St. Pete extractions.  Berwald
was among those that I was not able to find anywhere on a map.  The
one which Joe found was in historical East Prussia, not Volhynia.

I would be glad to include it if someone is certain of the correct
location, preferably based on some other historic material.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca