[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Tschechei

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Thu Apr 5 10:35:09 PDT 2007

gpvjem schrieb:

>    Can anyone provide me a brief description of the area that comprised Tschechei in the mid 1800s please?
>There were a considerable number of Catholic migrants from Tschechei into the Lodz area during the mid 1800s likely attracted there by work in the textile industry.

John,
the present state Česká Republika [Czechia / Tschechei / Tschechien]
comprises the historic unities of Bohemia, Moravia and Austrian Silesia.
Bohemia was a kingdom [since 1085] with the German resp. Austrian
Emperor as king in personal union [since 1438 / 1526], Moravia a
margravate [since 1182], and Austrian Silesia a duchy [since 1526
Habsburgian / Austrian with the emperor as duke in personal union].

German settlers from Saxony, Bohemia and Silesia to Lodz were enlisted
by Sejm marechal Rembielinski in the 1820ies.

Günther