[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Scheirer, Sattelmeier(-meyer), Ulmer

Henry (My Family Files Online) henry at myfamilyfilesonline.com
Tue Apr 10 19:37:12 PDT 2007

Hello Ed,

Three of the names you list are also common to my own genealogy. I have in excess of 120 entries for Scheirer and derivatives (Scheier, Scheer, Scheurer et.al.) so I will not go into great detail on that line. However, the other names in your file that match are, interestingly, intermarried with the Scheirer family. Details are as follows:

First match is Ulmer, Gottlieb:

Husband
  a.. Ulmer, Gottlieb (no details)
Wife
  a.. Scheirer, Katharine
  b.. b. 1850, Lwowek, Gostynin, Poland
  c.. m. unknown
  d.. d. unknown
Katharine Scheirer's Father
  a.. (Ludwig) Friederich Scheirer
  b.. b. 1822, Lwowek, Gostynin, Poland
  c.. m. Nov. 19, 1842, Gabin, Gostynin, Poland
Katharine Scheirer's Mother
  a.. Anna Maria Roth (details unknown)
(Ludwig) Friederich Scheirer had a second wife, Karoline Schoepf born in 1833 (location unknown) married abt. 1853-54.

Second match is Sattelmeyer (or Sattelmeier)

Husband
  a.. Friederich Scheirer (no details)
Wife
  a.. Wilhelmine Sattelmeyer (no details)
Family lore suggests that there is a very good chance that (Ludwig) Friederich Scheirer and Friederich Scheirer may be the same individual. However, I have no documentation to support this.

If any of this looks familiar to you, or other subscribers, I would appreciate your input, particularly in determining if these Scheirer gents are indeed one and the same. Credible evidence to this effect would prove to be a watershed discovery in my genealogy research. Confirming that this is the same person will answer innumerable questions and clarify several generations of my family tree. If interested, surnames I am most actively researching currently are:

Burron, Kliner, Oberbeck, Sattelmeyer, Scheirer, Schoepf

Thank you,

Henry Kliner