[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] WL+++ Translation

grit.elgert Grit.Elgert at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 21:46:20 PDT 2007

Landwirt means farmer.
wohnhaft means place of living

Regards from Germany
Grit Elgert
Hannover, Lower Saxony

  -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
  Von: Brent & Pam Sattler
  An: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
  Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. April 2007 00:57
  Betreff: @SPAM+++ [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Translation

  I was looking at the birth record of my great grandfather's brother and
  I came across some words that I couldn't find in my German-English
  dictionary.  The document was issued in Austria and the writing is in
  German.  The two words are the occupations of my gg grandparents.

  Landvirt [possibly Laudvirt as the writing is somewhat hard to read] I
  presume it means farmer or vinyard owner?

  vohnhaft [possibly vohnhoft?]  I presume it means housewife?

  If anyone could shed some light on the meaning of these words that would
  be much appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Kyle Sattler
  Milestone, Saskatchewan