[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gustav Richter

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 15 08:03:30 PDT 2007

At 06:30 PM 14/04/2007, HeinrichRichter1 at aol.com wrote:

>According to my father's EWZ files, his father, Gustav Richter was born  in
>1870 in Jalowica,  Poland and that  Gustav married Amalia Lockstein
>in Jalowica
>Aug 20, 1898. EWZ files from Amalia  and my father's two brothers show the
>same information. However, I have found no  records in the SGGEE or St
>Petersburg files that have any information on Gustav  or Amalia
>Richter. Does anyone
>know of other data sources that may have  information on this area? Jalowica
>was north of Derazno in the Rowno  area
>Heinrich Richter

The marriage date is probably correct but do you have evidence that
the 1870 birth date is correct?  According to the St. Pete files, a
Gustav Richter is born in 1872 at Tomaschew which is only 6 km from
Jalowica.  Several Richter families can be seen to be living at
Tomaschew, Dombrowka, and Anieluwka - all within very close proximity
to each other.

In addition, several children are born to a Lockstein (also extracted
as Lockstaedt) family at Anieluwka.  Anieluwka is a long street
village that almost blends into Jalowica.  This same family shows up
later extracted as Loenstein and living at Mariendorf.  Note that
since the name is badly extracted, I might question whether the place
is also incorrect and perhaps should actually be nearby
Marcelindorf.  It would be important to confirm this with the original text.

An Emilie Lochstein is born to this couple at Anieluwka in 1882.  If
this is your Amalia (a common extracting error), she would be 16
years old at time of marriage, somewhat younger than typical but
certainly possible.

Other extracted variants I noted include Lochstein and Lokstein and
possibly Logstein.

I am not aware of any other sources of info.  You might want to look
at post 1885 records available for the Rozyszcze Parish which are
available.  There MIGHT be some info there, especially regarding the
marriage.  You should also try to find names of siblings of Gustav
and Amalia.  This would help to confirm if my suggestions are correct.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca