[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] More on Germans in Poland

Ed Sonnenburg esonnenburg at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 19 20:22:14 PDT 2007

Good suggestion to do a search but with all the experiences my GRs went
through in Poland a more appropriate search would be "Poland, the devil's
playground".  Most of the older people I talk to get a bad taste in their
mouth and a scowl on their faces.   A Polish proverb is "if it isn't nailed
down it is mine".  In 1976 my parents visited Poland and talked to some
people.  The Poles were still waiting for the Germans to come and get the
communists out of their country.