[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Integration of Germans with Polish ethnicity

Rachael Patterson patterson.rachael at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:37:31 PDT 2007

Hi Jerry....Yes...that is true...Here's the documented proof, and apparently
there was a conflict with Lutheran faith & Catholic faith. The document was
transcribed by my fine acquaintance Dr Margaret Polkroy...from the Polish
Language, and yes, the name originally is Witkowska the feminine name for
Witkoswki. Thanks again...Gilda:

Gilda J. Patterson, Researcher

Granddaughter of Olga Schmeltzer

& Eduard/Edward Purat/Porat

Record of their children:

Xaver Wojciech (Albrecht) Schmeltzer & Maryjanna Ast

Marriage Record Nov 26th, 1843 5pm

Plock Parish Archives

Microfilm No. 729454

Xaver Wojciech Schmeltzer & Maryjanna Ast

Marriage Record ~ 1843 ~ 26th day of November, 1843 at 5:00 pm

~ Plock Parish, Plock, Warszawa, Poland~

It took place in Plock on the 26th day of November, 1843 at 5:00 pm. Acting
consciously and in the presence of witnesses: Krystjan (Christian) Vogel, a
27 year old farmer from Maszewo and Jakub (Jacob) Winkler, a 59 year old
homeworker from Maszewo, not related but well acquainted with the
newlywedded persons, a religious marriage ceremony took place between Xavery
Wojciech (XavierAlbrecht) Schmeltzer, a 19 year old young man, born in
Maszewo from Wojciech (Albert) and Terezja(Teresa) nee Witkowski Schmeltzer
tenant farmers, residing with his parents, of Roman Catholic faith with
Maryjanna (Marianne) Ast, a 23 year old maiden born in Lelice from Jerzy
(Georg) and Zofia (Sophia) nee Stutz Ast tenant farmers residing in Maszewo
with her parents. Marriage was preceded by three anouncements: October 31st,
November 7th, & 14th on Sundays in the Evangelical Church in Plock, Bride's
parish but not in the Groom's parish since the Parson of the Brwilno Parish
did not wish to announce due to different faiths of the newlyweds. Father of
the Groom gave conscious permission for the marriage. Newlyweds did not draw
up a prenuptial agreement. This document was read to all present and was
signed by the witnesses only as all the others declared that they cannot
read or write in the Polish language.

Jacob Winkler (signature)

Christian Vogel (signature)

Ignatius Karl Wilhelm Boerner, Pastor Plock Parish

NOTE: Names of parents mentioned on Marriage Record

Original Document Transcribed

>From the Polish Language by

Dr. Margaret Pokroy