[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] looking for Mennonnite info

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 27 16:25:39 PDT 2007

At 11:51 AM 27/04/2007, Richard Benert wrote:
>Is anyone in our circle knowledgeable enough about the Mennonites in
>Volhynia to tell me whether there were Mennonites around the village of
>Zielona and Ruda around 1860, and/or whether there was a Mennonite pastor
>there named Jakob or Johann Schirmer?  Does anyone have access to the
>Mennonite Encyclopedia?
>
>Dick Benert

As far as I am aware, there were Mennonite settlements around Dubno,
south of Ostrog, SW of Nowograd Wohynsk, and at Heinrichsdorf SW of
Zhitomir.  However, they were often noted for spending just a few
years in a certain place before moving on to more permanent
settlements elsewhere so it is certainly possible that there were
some in other locations and times.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca