[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Researching Richter Family

HeinrichRichter1 at aol.com HeinrichRichter1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 2 04:51:10 PDT 2007

1)  My Richter family lived in Nosowicze, Poland  on the Russian  side of
Poland after the 1939 partitioning of Poland between Germany and Russia.  They
were resettled on a 200 acre farm in Jurgenrode, Gemeinde Rodau, Kreis
Warthbrucken in 1940. Is there information, perhaps on line, that explains the  basis
for determining how housing, land, etc., was awarded during the  resettlement?
I visited this area in 2000 and the village name of Jurgenrode has  been
changed to the Polish name of Josefkof (sp).

2)   My fathers half brother, Siegmund Lockstein, was  killed in 1945 shortly
after the end of the war. He also lived in this  area which is near Klodawa,
Poland. The family story is that he was  executed in the back yard by Russian
military police for reasons not clear to  me. Is it likely that such events
were recorded in civil records? Does anyone  know of a web site or other means
of getting information of this kind of  event?

3) I  have obtained a copy of my grandmothers birth record, written in
Polish. Is there a Polish speaking person on the List that can help me with
translating this into English?

Any help, comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Heinrich Richter